The Bloganuary prompt for today is:
If you had a billion US dollars, how would you spend it?
I’m not going to spend a lot of time thinking about this, because it’s so improbable, but off the top of my head:
- I’d immediately give at least half to charity.
- I’d give several million to family and friends.
- I’d set up writing scholarships.
- I’d buy Horse Island and move there, turning part of the island into an epic writing retreat that is free to attend (I’m thinking scholarship or lottery for getting a place).
- I’d hire people to look after marketing and publishing my books so I only had to write.
- I’d invest the rest so I could live comfortably for the remainder of my life.